Article written by Charli and published at Agorapulse, leaders in social media management software.
Pinterest is much more than just do-it-yourself boards and gorgeous lifestyle layouts. Savvy social media managers also know how to tap into Pinterest for business for their clients.
Before I begin, I will hold my hands up and admit that pre-2019 I had written Pinterest off completely. It’s a site where people post wallpapers, knitting patterns, and honeymoon destinations—right? That’s what I used to think. Now, as director of Contentworks Agency, I am now working with several big brands on their Pinterest marketing, and things have changed.
- Pinterest has more than 367 million monthly active users worldwide.
- 40% of new Pinterest signups are men
- The median age of a Pinterest user is 40.
- Over 50% of the millennial population in the US uses Pinterest every month.
- Half of Pinterest users earn $50K or greater per year.
- Each pin on Pinterest drives 2 site visits and 6 page views
- Each pin is worth around 78 cents in sales
- Only 28% of marketers use Pinterest
Here’s a rundown of the Pinterest marketing tools you may have missed.