Mother’s Day is on March 15th and International Women’s Day is coming up on March 8th. As a digital marketing manager I’m always thinking about how I can turn events like this into profitable marketing campaigns. So with that in mind here are 7 Women’s Day Marketing Ideas you can try out for yourself!
It goes without saying that if you are running a restaurant, florist, beauty salon, clothing store or retail outlet then your creative mind should already be in overdrive but other businesses can also jump in and enjoy some marketing success.
7 International Womens Day Marketing Ideas
- Offer a discount on your product or service for any orders placed in the days prior to March 16th in the case of Mother’s Day or March 9th for International Womens Day. Make sure you are clear that the promotion will end on x date to create a sense of urgency and a clear call to action (CTA).
- Take a photo of your female staff members celebrating International Women’s Day in the office and encourage your fans to send photos of their workplaces for your social media sites. Use it as a cover photo for the day on your fan pages.
- Run an online advert on your social media channel aimed at women. It doesn’t matter what your product is… finance, cars, business… it’s 2015 we are interested in all of it if it is marketed correctly.
- Send an email to the females on your database wishing them a Happy Women’s Day / Mother’s Day. Even if they are not Mothers themselves they may be interested in a special promotion for their own Mums. Under 30s may be interested in pampering products for themselves and their friends so angle your marketing according to demographics.
- Create a video montage for your YouTube channel wishing your clients a Happy Mother’s Day or International Women’s Day. Personalise it by using real staff members and their personalized greetings.
- Think outside the box – who will be buying the gifts for the girls? Target your male demographic one week before to remind them to buy a gift. You could include a special offer on a trackable link.
- Charity- make a donation to a women’s charity for every purchase made during that week. You will be making a great contribution to society and will distinguish yourself from your competitors.
I hope you enjoyed reading my marketing ideas – I wish you all a very Happy Mother’s Day and International Women’s Day.
Time for me to race out and get a gift for my own Mum… any ideas? Tweet me @charli_says