Spring is definitely here and with it comes talk of Spring Cleaning. I hate the word cleaning but I love that it means throwing out old things, starting afresh and making space for new and exciting opportunities. So with that in mind let’s talk about how to Spring Clean Your Social Media Profiles and even better let’s talk about how to do it quickly!
- Remove contacts who continually spam you with unwanted messages or posts
- Send a personalised private email to 3 contacts who you want to work with
- Publish a new article about your professional speciality
- Edit your group settings to eliminate unwanted mails
- Remove 20 accounts that you don’t enjoy following
- Find 3 new influencers to follow & interact with
- Promise to use a new hashtag once per week
- Organise your Twitter lists to keep track of your favourites
- Change your cover photo and tidy up your about section
- Remove recent users who spammed your posts
- Create a new weekly social contest to engage users
- Change your passwords and check your permissions
I tried this little social spring clean on my three accounts and found that it took me around three hours which you could break down into manageable chunks such as one hour per network.
Will you Spring Clean Your Social Media Profiles? Tweet me @charli_says and let me know.