If you are collecting any of the following information from your social pages then make a policy:
- Name/ social profile name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Profile picture
- Age/location/nationality/gender demographics
- IP address
- Behaviours & interests
What should be in your policy?
- PERSONAL INFORMATION – what information will you be collecting?
- HOW YOU COLLECT IT – will you collect it via contests, apps, polls?
- HOW WILL YOU USE IT – for research purposes, to add to your mailing list or something else
- HOW YOU WILL DISCLOSE IT – Will you share the information with a third party?
- HOW CONFIDENTIAL IS IT – Will you store the information in confidence and for how long?
This may seem like an overkill and it probably is if you are just happily running your Facebook page and not collecting data. If. However, like me you are collecting data from your social pages then you need it.
When should you use it?
I hope that you enjoyed my article, feel free to tweet me @charli_says with your views.