International Women’s Day is coming up on March 8th. As a digital marketing manager I’m always thinking about how I can turn events like this into profitable marketing campaigns. So with that in mind here are 7 Marketing Ideas for International Women’s Day you can try out for yourself!
It goes without saying that if you are running a restaurant, florist, beauty salon, clothing store or retail outlet then your creative mind should already be in overdrive but other businesses can also jump in.
7 Marketing Ideas for International Women’s Day
1. Offer a discount on your product or service for any orders placed in the days prior to March 8th for International Women’s Day. Make sure you are clear that the promotion will end on x date to create a sense of urgency and a clear call to action (CTA).
2. Take a photo of your female staff members celebrating International Women’s Day in the office or a photo of your execs with their Mums and encourage your fans to send in their own photos. Use yours as a cover photo for the day on your fan pages.
3. Run an online advert on your social media channel aimed at women. It doesn’t matter what your product is… finance, cars, business… it’s 2018 we are interested in all of it if it is marketed correctly. Use the hashtag #womensday and your company name or promotion for any social campaigns.
4. Send an email to the females on your database wishing them a Happy Women’s Day / Mother’s Day. Even if they are not Mothers themselves they may be interested in a special promotion for their own Mums. Under 30s may be interested in pampering products for themselves and their friends so angle your marketing according to demographics.
5. Create a video montage for your YouTube channel wishing your clients a Happy Mother’s Day or International Women’s Day. Personalise it by using real staff members and their personalized greetings.
6. Think outside the box – who will be buying the gifts for the girls? Target your male demographic one week before to remind them to buy a gift. You could include a special offer on a trackable link.
7. Charity- make a donation to a women’s charity for every purchase made during that week. You will be making a great contribution to society and will distinguish yourself from your competitors.
Remember to celebrate the cultural diversity of women including all demographics of age and ethnicity in your promotions.
I hope you enjoyed reading Marketing Ideas for International Women’s Day– I wish you all a great day! Time for me to race out and get a gift for my own Mum… any ideas? Tweet me @charli_says